The Martian Analysis

What I really enjoyed about The Martian is the style of narration from the perspective of the main character of the story, I can really get engaged into my reading when the character is having a conversation with the reader. I really enjoyed this reading because of how easy it is for me to latch onto the conversation. "If the Oxygenator breaks down, I’ll suffocate. If the Water Reclaimer breaks down, I’ll die of thirst. If the Hab breaches, I’ll just kind of explode. If none of those things happen, I’ll eventually run out of food and starve to death. So yeah. I’m fucked." The casual way the story starts is super great and funny. I love a story with a character who is a bit cynical yet slightly optimistic because they except their fate so they are going to make the best of their situation and be as sarcastic as possible. This story really pulls me in because I'm used to seeing very complex science fiction situations and I just lose interest from all of the complexity within the story. Then I can't exactly relate to the character. The Martian was a great read where I could actually relate to the character's personality. I appreciate readings like that.

Comments

  1. I would like it if you could give me at least another paragraph explaining your experience of the text somewhat more. You get me started but you leave me too quickly...I would like some finish to your thoughts and my impression of your experience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with the Vampire Insights

The Corn and the Spring Queen - Witches Analysis