Anansi Boys

I was very excited to read something based on mythology. However, I did not flow into reading this book as well as I would've liked to. The concept of having someone trying to take your place is interesting, but not interesting enough to really capture my attention. Although, it was interesting to see something written about a trickster god and other gods based on animals. I am really used to reading about Greek myth. There are weird moments that I was not expecting, like the whole birds flying out of the mouth deal. Which in my mind I can picture a really cool scene unfolding but I still just did not take enough interest as I thought I would.

Comments

  1. I see you struggled with this work some....could you unpack the nature of that experience more..?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with the Vampire Insights

The Martian Analysis

The Corn and the Spring Queen - Witches Analysis